The port city of Vizag in India is known for its serene beaches and stunning landscapes. It is one of the best destinations for a tropical holiday away from the humdrum of city life. Located along the East Coast of India, Vizag is also known as Visakhapatnam. It offers spellbinding views of the Eastern Ghats and the Bay of Bengal. The best way to explore the heritage and charm of this city is with our Vizag City Tour Packages.
Vizag offers an ideal setting for a peaceful holiday. From city tours / local sightseeing to a wide variety of fun activities, this city of Vizag provides something for every visitor irrespective of their age or interests.
There is a wide array of activities in Vizag. You can enjoy water sports like scuba diving, snorkeling, and sea kayaking at Rushikonda Beach. Trekking along the Madhavadhara - Simhachalam trail you can witness the natural grandeur of Vizag.
Experience the sacredness of the land at the Buddhist Monastery in Thotlakonda and the Simhachalam Temple. Being the headquarters of the Eastern Naval Command, the city has several monuments dedicated to the Indian Navy. You can visit the Victory at Sea War Memorial, War Memorial, and Submarine Museum to learn about the bravery of the guardians of the sea.
Offering the best sightseeing experience and stress-free Vizag city tour, we at Vizag Tourism, a subdivision of Holidays DNA, present the Vizag city tour packages specially curated to meet your needs. We have carefully planned each tour by selecting various kinds of activities to design the best city tour packages. These are facilitated by the leading tour operators in Vizag. With our Vizag city tour packages, you can make your trip memorable as a planned tour allows you to visit all the attractions safely and comfortably.
List of the Top Tourists Attractions to visit through Vizag city tour packages
1. Rishikonda Beach: Rishikonda Beach is one of South India's most popular beaches. The beach is also known as Rushikonda Beach and it offers splendid views of the Bay of Bengal. Renowned for water sports and thrilling activities like swimming, jet skiing, parasailing, sea kayaking, and windsurfing, it is among the most visited tourist attractions in Vizag.
2. Submarine Museum: Located on RK Beach, INS Kurusura is a Russian submarine that was converted into the first submarine museum in Asia and the second in the world after being decommissioned in 2001. The interiors of the submarine have been used to display elements such as the radar room, sonar room, control room, and other military armaments.
3. Kailasagiri: Located on a hilltop in Vizag, Kailasagiri is a well-known park offering panoramic views of the city. A popular picnic spot, the park houses statues of Lord Shiva and Parvathi. You can enjoy a ropeway ride to the park.
4. Matsyadarshini Aquarium: Matsyadarshini Aquarium offers an interesting display of aquatic life. Built to engage curious kids and students, the aquarium allows you to witness a range of aquatic species including freshwater and sea creatures.
5. Indira Gandhi Zoological Park: Spanning over 625 acres, Indira Gandhi Zoological Park is one of the largest zoological parks in Andhra Pradesh. It is home to around 80 species of wildlife and a wide variety of unusual bird species.
Along with visiting these sightseeing places in Vizag, you can also plan a tour to other important attractions such as Dolphin’s Nose Lighthouse, Gangavaram Beach, VUDA Park, Ross Hill Church, Dutch Cemetery, Yarada Beach, etc.
For a more exciting trip, you can also explore some of the popular places near Vizag such as Borra Caves, Araku Valley, Katiki Waterfalls, and Lambasingi.
You can book a car from the best cab operators in Vizag for a comfortable trip to the famous tourist places near Vizag. Inform the selected tour operator about your preferred vehicle, time, and other special requirements for an enjoyable sightseeing tour.
Besides Vizag city tour packages, we also offer all-inclusive Vizag tour packages that include the preferred sightseeing locations and also accommodation at a comfortable hotel or resort of your choice. The local transport including pick up and drop services are taken care of by us. You can speak to our travel experts to know more details about these packages. Fill out the Contact Us Form to schedule a discussion with our experts.
How to Reach Vizag
Reaching Vizag from across the country is easy as the city has excellent connectivity with all major cities and towns all over India. You can reach Vizag through any of your preferred modes of transportation including roadways, airways as well as railways.
There are regular services of trains or buses between Vizag and cities such as Hyderabad, Kolkata, and Chennai.
Traveling by air is also convenient as there are flights from various locations across India and abroad to the Visakhapatnam International Airport.
To help you commute within Vizag the leading cab operators in Vizag provide cars on rent for sightseeing. Abundant local transport such as auto-rickshaws, bicycles, and city buses are also available.