Naval Museum Vizag Entry Fee
- 30 per person
Naval Museum Vizag Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 61 reviews
Naval Museum Vizag Address: ENC Complex, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India
Among all the museums in Visakhapatnam, the Naval Museum is one of the most preferred museums by people of all ages. Have you ever wondered why? Because it presents a rich combination of glorious past and cultural heritage of the Indian maritime Navy here.
Officially recognized as Naval Museum or Swarna Jyoti Museum, Naval Museum offers a delightful treat for not only history buffs, but a learning experience for navy lovers as well. Located in the ENC complex of Visakhapatnam, this museum is dedicated to Indian Navy and has all the collectibles that encourage you to step back in time and pay tribute to our warriors at least once, making it a must-visit attraction on your Vizag tour.
Inside Naval Museum, Visakhapatnam
Inaugurated in the year 1989, the Naval Museum is home to a wide variety of models of warships, guns, weapons, uniforms and other equipment that gives an in-depth knowledge about the Indian Navy. Other than that, the museum also boasts of an array of artefacts that belong to Harappa, Indus Valley and Lothal civilizations.The museum has five sections namely Maritime History, Naval Archives, Aquaria, Ocean Resources, and Eastern Seaboard Establishments and Ports.
You can also find several interesting pictures that help you know more about the submarines that were used in several wars. All-in-all, it won’t be wrong to say that the Naval Museum is an epicentre of information regarding naval ships, thus attracting thousands of tourists every year.
Entry Fee and Timings of Naval Museum, Visakhapatnam
To visit the Naval Museum in Visakhapatnam, you need to pay INR 30 per person as its entry fee and it is open for its tourists from 9:00 AM to 6:30 PM on all days of the week. The recommended exploration time is 1-2 hours.
Best Time to Visit Naval Museum, Visakhapatnam
Also known as the largest city of Andhra Pradesh, Visakhapatnam is frequently visited by both business and leisure travellers throughout the year. However, if you’re looking for a specific period for the Naval Museum, we advise you to plan your itinerary during the winter and monsoon season.
In winters i.e., from October to March, the weather is pleasant and comfortable to enjoy, with temperature ranging from 18-degree Celsius to 32-degree Celsius. In monsoon i.e., from June to September, though the city receives heavy rainfall, if you’re fond of rains, this is the right place to be.
Avoid it in summers that start from March and continue until May. At this time, the climate is quite unbearable due to its high temperature that even touches 45-degree sometimes. Moreover, the amount of humidity gets increased in the air as well.
Travel Tips for Naval Museum, Visakhapatnam
- Avoid it if you are claustrophobic. It has less space and is generally over-crowded.
- Do not expect it to be air-conditioned. Good ventilation may help.
- Photography is not allowed inside the premises. However, you can click innumerable pictures outside the museum.
- There is no place to sit around. You might get tired while exploring everything in the museum. Hence, be prepared.
Places to Visit around Naval Museum, Visakhapatnam
Naval Museum typically takes an hour to know everything about the mariners lives in detail. You can have a wonderful time enjoying a unique and different experience at this museum. In case, if you finish early, you need not worry; the city has innumerable tourist attractions for you to visit and explore at your own convenience. The popular sightseeing places in Visakhapatnam include:
1. Simhachalam Temple: Simhachalam Temple or Varaha Lakshmi Narsimha Temple is an ancient temple that adorns a fantastic architecture with a historical significance taking you back to the era of 1098 AD. Featuring a hill top location, Simhachalam Temple gives you a spiritual atmosphere to offer your prayers to Lord Narsimha, which is the presiding deity of this temple.
2. Indira Gandhi National Zoological Park: Spread over an area of 625 acres, Indira Gandhi National Zoological Park is a decent zoo where you can witness the myriad of creatures with a plethora of animals categorized as carnivores, birds, mammals, primates and ungulates. Ideal for families with children, the zoo also displays several pictures to spread awareness about wildlife conservation.
3. Matsyadarshini Aquarium: Open every day from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM, Matsyadarshini Museum is a beautiful aquarium that was established by Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation. Perched on RK beach, this aquarium allows people to interact with a wide variety of fishes and tortoises that are brought from different parts of the world under one roof. A few of them include angels, trigger fish, clown fish, stone fish, lion fish and more.
4. VUDA Park: Maintained by the local development authority, VUDA Park can be visited from 9:00 AM to 8:30 PM from Monday to Sunday. Entry fee is INR 20 for adults and children between 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM and INR 60 if visiting between 2:00 PM to 8:30 PM. You can sit back, relax and enjoy the musical waterfall as its central attraction. Designed for kids, there is an availability of late evening snacks as well to fulfil your appetite.
How to Reach the Naval Museum, Visakhapatnam?
By Air: Visakhapatnam International Airport is about 30-minutes away from the Naval Museum. The total distance will be 12 km if you come via NAD Kotha Road and almost 17 km through Port Road. From the airport, you can either opt for Uber, Ola or look for local transport to get down to your destination within the city.
By Train: Owing to its great connectivity to the neighbouring towns and prominent cities of India through railway tracks, Visakhapatnam Junction receives regular trains from Hyderabad, Bangalore, New Delhi, Jaipur, Chennai, Indore, Coimbatore, etc., making it accessible for everyone coming from different parts of India.
By Road: Another way to reach Visakhapatnam is by road. Thanks to several private and government-owned buses that run to and from Visakhapatnam on a frequent basis, it has become possible for people to enjoy a smooth road journey. After arriving at the bus stand, look for a local bus or an auto-rickshaw according to your holiday budget and style.
Book an all-inclusive Vizag tour package with us to enjoy your visit to Visakhapatnam at your comfort. We, at Vizag Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, have carefully designed several pocket-friendly deals that help you explore the popular sightseeing places in Visakhapatnam in a relaxed and organized manner. You’re sure to have the best time of your life whilst you experience hassle-free commutation within the city in your private vehicle from the list of top car rental companies in Visakhapatnam. Please fill the Contact Us form to know more about our offerings!