Tenneti Beach Park Vizag Entry Fee
- No Entry Fee
Tenneti Beach Park Vizag Phone
Rating: | 4/5 stars
Based on total 52 reviews
Tenneti Beach Park Vizag Address: Beach Rd, Opposite To Kailasagiri Hills, Jodugulla Palem, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, 530001, India
Vuda Tenneti Beach Park is an urban park in Visakhapatnam. This park is located on the Beach Road in Jodugullapalem and looks out to the Bay of Bengal. Tenneti Park has been recently renovated for tourism purposes.
Tenneti Beach park was destroyed by cyclone Hudhud that flew through the city. Gitam Alumni of North America came together and donated around 60 lakh rupees to renovate the park. The park was thus renovated to international standards and the greenery along the coastline was restored to its former glory. This park is claimed to be the first children’s park in the city and is also known as one of the oldest parks in Visakhapatnam.
The park is named after Tenetti Viswanadham who is a well known political figure of Visakhapatnam and a freedom fighter. A statue of the politician was installed in the park premises, which can be seen as soon as you enter through the gate of Tenneti Beach Park.
Layout of Tenneti Beach Park
The quaint yellow gate past the parking lot shouldn’t confuse you about the huge expanse of the area within the park. The pathways lead into the park and head down towards the sea. The huge circular rock structure at the centre of the park adds to the charm of the place. There is a flight of stairs that lead down straight to the beach, where you can enjoy picturesque sunsets and strong waves from the beach of Tenneti Park.
This location has also been used for several Hindi, Tamil, Telugu and Oriya film shoots. The beach is famous for being the most beautiful virgin beaches of India, surrounded by mountains on one side and the sea on the other. This is also an ideal place for photographers who want to click stunning landscape shots outdoors.
Things to do at Tenneti Beach Park
The main attraction of Tenneti Beach Park is a wonderful location and the ambience. View the crystal clear water of the sea from the park or stare at the lush green foliage and mountains around the park. Tourists can also make their way to the Kailasagiri Hills which are located just behind the park. You can also go for a toy train ride around the natural sceneries and jungles of the nearby hill.
You can also view the sunset or the sunrise from the top of the hill behind the park. The unique thing about the park is the isolation and tranquillity of the place. Most people visit the park just to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and to stroll along the park walkways to forget about their worries.
Entry Fee and Timings of Tenneti Beach Park
The park stays open from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on all days of the week.
There is no entry fee required to enter the park.
Best Time to Visit Tenneti Park
The beach is located by the coast of the Bay of Bengal, which makes the park experience a hot and humid climate. In the summer season, the temperatures in the area reach as high as forty-five degrees and sometimes more than that. The winters are comparatively much cooler ranging from around eighteen to thirty-two degree celsius.
The summers in the area are extremely hot, while the winters are much more pleasant. In the rainy season, the beach receives heavy rainfall which is averagely around a total of nine hundred and forty-five millimetres of rainfall every year. The winter season is the best time to visit the park, while in the summers you can go during the evening to enjoy the cool sea breeze and beat the summer heat.
Image Gallery of Tenneti Beach Park Vizag
Places to Visit near Tenneti Park
There are quite a few places to visit around the Tenneti Beach Park which are some of the great tourist attractions of Vizag. These include:
1. The Sivaji Park of Visakhapatnam is barely a few minutes away from this park and is also famous for its fountains and benches.
2. The Visakhapatnam lighthouse is right next to the beach of the park. It is one of the only functioning lighthouses around the area and is a great tourist spot if you want to know more about lighthouses or click a picture with one.
3. The Ramakrishna Beach which is an extremely popular tourist spot in Visakhapatnam also lies close to the Tenneti Beach Park, where you can swim, eat, party or just bask in the sun at the beach.
4. The famous INS Kursura Submarine Museum lies right next to the Ramakrishna Beach and is a fun place to visit as it is a museum built in a real submarine that was used during the Indo-Pak war.
5. The Visakha Museum is also very close to Tenneti Park, where you can learn about naval history and look at huge models of ships and submarines.
Accommodation near Tenneti Park
You have quite a few options for accommodation in the city, ranging from cheap hostels to five-star hotels and resorts, the main choices are listed below:
1. Hostels are plenty and mostly available in the centre of the city close to the airport or the railway station. They are cheap and provide rooms with bunkers for anyone who wants to go to Vishakapatnam on a budget trip.
2. There are quite a few fancy resorts available along the coastline which is on the costlier side but provide you with the comfort and luxury that you’re paying for. These resorts are mostly located near the Rushikonda Beach and the Ramkrishna Beach as these are the more active places in the city for tourism.
3. You can also choose more luxury options such as The Park, and Marriott which are all located next to the INS Kurusura Submarine Museum. These places are very expensive but also provide you with services, facilities and amenities that are worth the money you pay.
Location and How to Reach Tenneti Beach Park
The city of Visakhapatnam is well connected by all modes of transport by airway, railway and roadway. The different ways that you can reach Tenneti Beach Park are listed below:
By Air: Take a flight to the Visakhapatnam International Airport which is connected to all major cities of India and is also connected to quite a few international airports in south-east Asia. From there take a bus or a cab to Jodugullapalem.
By Rail: Take a train for any city or town to the Visakhapatnam Railway Station. The station is well connected to almost every town and city in India. From the station, you may take a bus, hire a car or a cab from top car rental companies in Vizag to the Tenneti Beach Park.
By Road: The park lies close to one of the national highways and is very easily accessible from any part of the country. You can get in a car and head out for a road trip to the city of Visakhapatnam.
By Waterway: You can also get on a cruise that leaves from Puri, Orissa and comes to Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh. Though this is a longer and more time-consuming route, the joy of sailing on a ship is a wonderful experience altogether. It takes about ten days to reach Visakhapatnam from Puri.
Tenneti Beach Park is a lovely place to relax and spend your evening with your friends and family. The view from the park of the sea and the crystal clear waters at the beach adds to the charm of the place. The beautiful hills in the background make the park visually stunning and a wonderful spot for tourists, photographers, filmmakers, and anyone who just wants to bask in the beauty of the place.
Suiting to everyone’s holiday budget, we at Vizag Tourism, a division of Holidays DNA, have designed all-inclusive Vizag tour packages that are available at pocket-friendly prices. Please fill in the Contact Us form to know more about our services.